Apple Betty Day is a day to celebrate the delicious apple dessert. The word “betty” is sometimes used to refer to any type of apple cake, but it specifically refers to a dish that uses breadcrumbs and sugar in place of flour. There are many different variations on the recipe, including some that call for cinnamon or nutmeg. This blog post will teach you how to make an Apple Betty from scratch!
Apple Betty Recipe
Apple Betty is a delicious dessert that you can make at home. It uses fresh apples and breadcrumbs to create a tasty treat. To make this dish, it will take about an hour from start to finish. Here’s what you need to get started!
Ingredients: – ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened – ½ cup sugar – ¼ teaspoon salt – ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed – ½ tablespoon cinnamon
– Pinch of ground nutmeg
– Grated zest from half an orange
– Juice from half an orange (about ¼ cup)
– Pinch of ground cloves
– Dash of salt
– Grated zest from half a lemon
– Juice from half a lemon (about ¼ tablespoon)
– ½ cup all-purpose flour – ½ cup quick-cooking oats
– ⅓ cup bread crumbs Instructions: To prepare the Betty, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, you need to grease the bottom of a square baking dish. You can use either butter or margarine for this, but you need to make sure that it’s softened. Spread it all over the pan and then dust very lightly with some flour (you don’t want your Betty mixture to be too thick). Next, in a large bowl mix together both sugars, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate small bowl combine orange zest, juice from both oranges and lemons, cloves, salt, and breadcrumbs.
Now add the butter/margarine mixture to the dry ingredients in your large mixing bowl. Finally, mix in flour until all of it is distributed evenly throughout the batter. Then, add in the oatmeal and continue to mix. Next, you need to peel and thinly slice three apples (you can use a variety of different types). This should be about four cups worth of sliced apples. Once your pan is greased with butter/margarine, line it with some apple slices. Then sprinkle an even layer of brown sugar mixture over the top of them. After you’ve done that, add another layer of apple slices and then sprinkle with brown sugar mixture again (repeat until all apples are used). Then pour your wet ingredients over the dish evenly. Make sure to coat everything well! Now, bake it in the oven for about an hour or until bubbly on top. Once this is done, you can serve it warm with some vanilla ice cream.
About National Apple Betty Day
National Apple Betty Day is a day to celebrate the delicious apple dessert. The word “betty” is sometimes used to refer to any type of apple cake, but it specifically refers to a dish that uses breadcrumbs and sugar in place of flour. To learn more about baking apples visit this blog post: How To Bake Apples From Scratch!
National Apple Betty Day-Date is October 5th.
This day is to celebrate the delicious apple dessert that uses breadcrumbs and sugar in place of flour. It’s also called Apple Betty!
History Of National Apple Betty Day
The history of this holiday is unclear, but it’s likely that the tradition started in America. There are many different variations on the recipe, including some that call for cinnamon or nutmeg.
How To Celebrate National Apple Betty Day?
There are plenty of ways to celebrate this day! You can make an apple betty from scratch or you can buy a premade one from the store. You could also go to a local bakery and pick up an apple betty cake. For more ideas visit our blog here: How To Celebrate National Apple Betty Day!
National Apple Betty Day Syndrome
National Apple Betty Day Syndrome is a disease that causes people to eat apple betties for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s not harmful, but it does cause excessive weight gain! Symptoms include exhaustion from all of the sugar consumption and an addiction to apples.