Best National Make a Difference Day Messages: National Make A Difference Day is a day to make a difference in the world. This holiday is celebrated on October 23rd, 2021, and was created by U.S. President John F. Kennedy in 1963 to honor those who have “made a positive impact on people’s lives or contributed to society as a whole.”
This blog post will tell you everything you need to know about how to celebrate National Make A Difference Day!
It will be broken down into sections that include: what it is, history, how it has been celebrated historically, ways to participate today, and more!
History Of National Make A Difference Day
President Kennedy had the idea for this holiday after visiting historic monuments in Virginia with his wife. He was struck by how much influence individuals could have on society and wanted to create a day that honored those who contributed selflessly to others!
He first announced it on October 20th, 1963 (it is also sometimes referred to as Make A Difference Day, National Volunteers’ Day, and National Community Service Day).
Eleanor Roosevelt was the honorary chairwoman of this day in 1963. She helped JFK create it because she felt that there should be an official national holiday for citizens who wanted to serve others!
The first celebration occurred on October 24th, 1963.
JFK was assassinated on November 22nd, 1963 and President Lyndon B Johnson kept the tradition going by proclaiming October of each year as a time to give back!
About National Make A Difference Day
National Make A Difference Day is a day to celebrate those who have “made a positive impact on people’s lives or contributed to society as a whole.”
It was started by the former President of the United States, John F. Kennedy (JFK) in 1963 and it occurs annually on October 23rd! It could be celebrated on any day, but JFK chose this one because it is the date of his birth.
Many individuals are unaware that President Kennedy was not only a leader in America during his time as president from 1961-1963, he also started other movements such as The Peace Corps and the Civil Rights Act! He wanted to start National Make A Difference Day to inspire others to get involved and give back.
National Make A Difference Day-Date is October 23rd
One of the most important details to remember about National Make A Difference Day is that it has a date! The date changes every year and October 23rd, 2021 will be the next one.
This day can also fall on any weekday during this month. It does not always have to occur on a Saturday like today (October 20th)!
Ways To Celebrate National Make A Difference Day Today / 2022
October 23rd is a day that encourages individuals to get involved in their communities and make an impact on those around them!
There are many simple ways that you can participate and show how much of a difference you make.
You could: -Volunteer your time at a local nonprofit or charity organization (such as the ARC of Tri-City). -Host an event in honor of National Make A Difference Day, like a bake sale for charity. -Organize your community outreach program to help those in need!
As you can see, there are many ways that you could participate and celebrate National Make A Difference Day this year-October 23rd, 2021, or any other day during October of this month!
National Make a Difference Day Messages and Quotes
1. On the special occasion of Make a Difference Day, I just wanted to remind you that you have the potential to bring a beautiful difference to society.
2. Make a Difference Day is a day which reminds us that we all have something to give back to society and we must do so in whatever ways we can.
3. Warm wishes on Make a Difference Day to you…. Make sure that you do something good which surely brings a difference to many lives around you.
4. Wishing you a very Happy Make a Difference Day…. Today is your chance to do a deed that influences lives around you in good and happy ways.
5. Let us celebrate the special occasion of Make a Difference Day by volunteering ourselves for social causes to contribute to this world in a significant way.
6. Even the smallest of the good deed has the power to bring in the change…. On the occasion of Make a Difference Day, I am sending you warm wishes to remind you to do something.
7. Wishing a very Happy Make a Difference Day to you…. With your actions, you can make a difference and on this special day, you must act to bring a good change.
8. We have the potential to make lives better for so many people around us…. We all need some good intentions and sometime…. Happy Make a Difference Day.
9. If you really want to make a difference to someone’s life, you don’t really have to find time and have money…. Wishing you a very Happy Make a Difference Day.
10. Gift a smile, bring back someone’s lost confidence, uplift a soul…. Make a Difference Day is all about touching hearts and souls around you…. Warm wishes on this special day.
How To Celebrate National Make A Difference Day?
President John F. Kennedy believed that the best way to honor those who have made a difference in our lives is by serving others!
He wanted individuals to take time out of their day on October 23rd, 2021, or another date during this month and get involved with community service projects or volunteer somewhere locally.
You could also throw your event in honor of National Make A Difference Day!
If you need a little inspiration, you could host a bake sale for charity, participate in your neighborhood’s Trick-or-Treat event, or volunteer to help out at an animal shelter.
Many options will allow the impactful work you do to be celebrated and recognized and inspire others to get involved.
The most important thing about National Make A Difference Day is that it encourages individuals of all ages, races, and backgrounds to take the time this day (October 23rd) or another date during October 2021-to make a difference!
National Make A Difference Day Syndrome
There are different theories out there about why individuals become obsessed with National Make A Difference Day. There is not much evidence to prove any of them, but some think that this day could be linked to a mental illness called Fregoli Delusion.
This disorder causes people to believe that they are being stalked by someone who isn’t following them.
Some individuals have reported that they are constantly being followed by someone, even though the person is not there-and this causes massive stress because it feels very real!
It can be treated with medication or therapy and usually goes away after a few months.
Hopefully, National Make A Difference Day is something that you will always cherish and celebrate each year on October 23rd or another day during October 2021.
It has become an important part of our society because it encourages individuals to get involved in their communities and make a difference!