International Cat Day Messages: This is a great time to share some interesting facts about cats. For starters, the cat was the first mammal to ever be domesticated. It is also the only domesticated animal that can purr. They also have a unique ability to “read” our emotions, which makes them one of the most beloved animals on Earth. And they are just so darn cute! I love cats, so I decided to write a blog post on International Cat Day to celebrate them. Enjoy!
We bring to you the wonderful collection of International Cat Day messages and Cat Day quotes. With these World Cat Day messages, you can send your love to the adorable cats and cat lovers and have this day celebrated in a unique way.
History Of National Cat Day
Although no one knows who started celebrating National Cat Day back in 2005, many people believe that it was created by animal advocate Colleen Paige. The date of this holiday has been debated as well- some say it’s October 29th and others insist on December 17th! Regardless, both dates are still celebrated each year!
In 2018, National Cat Day was on October 29th. The theme of this day was ‘Adopt Don’t Shop’ and the message behind it is that you should adopt a cat rather than go out to buy one from a pet store. This year’s theme for 2019-2020 has not been announced yet but we will be sure to update this blog post when we find out!
World Cat Day Messages
- “It doesn’t matter whether the cat is white or black because a cat is cat and if you are a cat lover, you love them all…. Happy World Cat Day.”
- “Warm wishes on World Cat Day to you…. May you and cat enjoy this wonderful day with lots of celebrations and happiness.”
- “On the occasion of World Cat Day, I am sending lots of love and greetings to you for a day full of love and celebrations.”
- “If you are special to a cat, you are indeed very special and loved because you will always have someone to come back home to…. Happy International Cat Day.”
- “Cats only want your love and pampering and they are going to shower you with all their love and cuteness…. Warm wishes on International Cat Day.”
International Cat Day Quotes
- “A cat is a friend for life who is going to fill your heart and life with lots of love and affection.”
- “If you have a cat at home, you will always have someone waiting for you to come back.”
- A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.” — Ernest Hemingway
- “How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven.” — Robert A. Heinlein
- “Cats will outsmart dogs every time.” — John Grogan
- “If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.” — Mark Twain
- “Time spent with cats is never wasted.” — Sigmund Freud
- Cats have it all — admiration, an endless sleep, and company only when they want it.” — Rod McKuen
- “I regard cats as one of the great joys in the world. I see them as a gift of highest order.” — Trisha McCagh
- “Cats choose us; we don’t own them.” — Kristin Cast
- “With a cat in the house, you are never alone as you always have someone to share your happiness with.” birthday wishes for cat lovers.
- “Cat can be your friend but never be a slave…. She will always want your love and attention.”
- “There is no one else who can make such cute and innocent faces like a CAT.”
Funny Animal Lover Quotes
- “There is no better love in this world than love from cat.” funny animal lover quotes.
- “Cats have the quality to outsmart dogs each and every time.”
- “If you suffer from depression or ignorance, you need a cat to make it a happy day for you every day.”
- “Cats are one of the cutest and greatest joys in life…. Give them a place in your heart and home.
- “Home is where a cat is because she is so full of love and life that she can spread happiness around you.”
Creative Cat Slogans
- “Cat is emotionally very expressive and honest.” cat slogans.
- “There is no other animal as graceful and as cunning as cat.”
- “The way she walks to the way she sits, she is pure style and grace.”
- “Time spent with cat is the time utilized best.”
- “You don’t choose a cat to love but a cat chooses you.”
National Cat Day Date is October 29
National Cat Day was created in 2005 as a way to bring awareness and education to those who may not know about the importance of caring for cats. This day is also recognized by many shelters across the nation as an opportunity to reach out and find new homes, fostering relationships with potential adoptees.
Every year National Cat Day has different themes that promote a different message. In 2018, the theme was ‘Adopt Don’t Shop’ and in 2019 the focus is on responsible pet ownership to help spread awareness about how it can be beneficial for both you and your cat to have a plan in place if something ever happens with you or their health.
Some other fact that many people may not know about this holiday is that it’s not only celebrated on October 29th but also on December 17th of each year. This is because ’tis the season for giving and what better way to show your love than by adopting a cat into your family during the holidays!
Cat Facts & Trivia
– There are 37.79 million cats in the US and over 600 different breeds of felines worldwide! The oldest cat on record lived to be 36 years old, which means that your kitty will most likely live longer than you do! Cats have been domesticated for about 4000 years.
– Cats are not as aloof as you think they love their owners and can even tell different people apart by their scents! They also respond to the sound of your voice and will come running when you call them.
-Cats use more than 50 vocal sounds to communicate with each other and also use their tail, ears, and body language to express themselves.
-Cats are carnivores! They only need five percent of the calories that other animals do because they get most of their energy from protein. Cats cannot survive on a vegetarian diet alone so if you’re planning on making them some plant-based food during National Cat Day, you’re going to have to supplement it with some meat.
-Cats are extremely smart and can figure out how to open doors, work complicated locks or even know when the milk has gone bad! They also understand more than 150 words that humans use daily so if your cat meows at you for no reason, they might be trying to tell you something important.
-Cats can jump up to five times their height and they can land on all fours using only the pads of their feet! They also have a flexible spine which allows them to fit into small spaces such as through your legs or under furniture so it’s not uncommon for one to get stuck somewhere and then meow for you to let them out.
-Cats have a great sense of smell, much better than humans do! They also can see in dim light as well as during the night time which is why they’re able to catch prey without too many problems.
How To Celebrate National Cat Day?
National Cat Day is a day to celebrate all of the wonderful kitties that have made your life happier. There are many ways you can help them on this special holiday- for example, if you’re planning on getting a new cat or kitten soon then why not adopt one from an animal shelter?
1. Adopt a Cat
As a responsible pet owner, you must spay and neuter your cat to prevent overpopulation. To help combat this issue on National Cat Day 2018-19 we encourage you all please remember that every day when making purchases from vendors or taking care of other tasks around the house so as not to cause any accidents!
2. Donate to Your Local Shelter
You can still improve the lives of your local shelter cats, even if you don’t adopt one. Consider donating food or blankets to an animal welfare organization instead!
3. Volunteer at Your Local Shelter
Shelter cats need a place to call home too. Fill your local shelter with love and care by volunteering in any way that suits you, from cleaning up after kittens or scooping out their litter boxes-whatever will make both human AND feline lives just a little bit better!
In conclusion, if you want to get people to buy from you, you need to be creative. This is where the art of persuasion comes into play. You need to be able to persuade your customers to buy from you by creating a story that resonates with them. It’s important to be able to do this because there are so many products out there. If your customers don’t feel like they are getting value, they will be likely to go somewhere else. You can use the same techniques for selling anything, not just cats.