Military Appreciation Month Wishes: Every May is a month of military praise, a symbol of sacrifice and solidarity. This month is to show respect to all the servants and women. For those people who have sacrificed their lives for the protection of their country and people. Today we are living in an independent country, in an independent way, despite the abandonment of these people. Pay tribute to the members of the US Armed Forces in this temporary praise month, by showing kindness and kind words.
100 Armed Forces Day Quotes, Wishes, and Messages
Quotes About the Armed Forces and Military
1. “Armed Forces Day, above all, honors the dedicated individuals who wear the uniforms of their country. Each serviceman, wherever he may be, whatever his task, contributes directly and importantly to the defense of the nation. The task of each one is the task of all the armed forces: to protect the freedoms which underlie the greatness of America.” — General Earle G. Wheeler
2. “Today let us, as Americans, honor the American fighting man. For it is he–the soldier, the sailor, the Airman, the Marine–who has fought to preserve freedom. It is his valor that has given renewed hope to the free world that by working together in discipline and faith our ideals of freedom will always prevail.” — Admiral Forrest P. Sherman
3. “It is fitting and proper that we devote one day each year to paying special tribute to those whose constancy and courage constitute one of the bulwarks guarding the freedom of this nation and the peace of the free world.” — President Dwight D. Eisenhower
4. “Armed Forces Day, and the Memorial Day weekend that follows, is a time to honor, remember and recognize those who serve and have served our country, as well as those who have died in service. As we reflect, let’s not forget the many sacrifices made at home as well in support of our men and women in uniform.” — Chuck Norris
5. “There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” — General James H. Doolittle
6. “I respect every soldier, from every country, who serves beside us in the hard work of history. America is grateful, and America will not forget.” — President George W. Bush
7. “Our servicemen and women are serving throughout the world as guardians of peace–many of them away from their homes, their friends, and their families. They are visible evidence of our determination to meet any threat to the peace with measured strength and high resolve. They are also evidence of a harsh but inescapable truth–that the survival of freedom requires great cost and commitment, and great personal sacrifice.” — President John F. Kennedy
8. “The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.” — Judd Gregg
9. “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” — General Norman Schwarzkopf
10. “Honor to the Soldier and Sailor everywhere who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor also to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field, and serves, as he best can, the same cause—honor to him, only less than to him, who braves, for the common good, the storms of heaven and the storms of battle.” — President Abraham Lincoln
11. “No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.” — General Douglas MacArthur
12. “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place—police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.” — Sidney Sheldon
13. “The soldier’s heart, the soldier’s spirit, the soldier’s soul, are everything.” — General George C. Marshall
14. “True patriotism isn’t cheap. It’s about taking on a fair share of the burden of keeping America going.” — Robert Reich
15. “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” — Colonel David Hackworth
16. “I consider it an indispensable duty to close this last solemn act of my official life by commending the interests of our dearest country to the protection of Almighty God and those who have the superintendence of them into his Holy keeping.” — General George Washington
17. “The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country.” — General George S. Patton
18. “No man is a man until he has been a soldier.” — Louis de Bernières
19. “America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.” — Paul Tsongas
20. “Soldiers, when committed to a task, can’t compromise. It’s unrelenting devotion to the standards of duty and courage, absolute loyalty to others, not letting the task go until it’s been done.” — John Keegan
21. “We must never forget why we have and why we need our military. Our armed forces exist solely to ensure our nation is safe so that each and every one of us can sleep soundly at night, knowing we have ‘guardians at the gate.’” — Lt. Colonel Allen West
22. “Word to the Nation: Guard zealously your right to serve in the armed forces, for without them, there will be no other rights to guard.” — President John F. Kennedy
23. “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” — President Thomas Jefferson
24. “A person cannot be a Marine without honor.” — General Carl Epting Mundy, Jr.
25. “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak and esteem to all.” — General George Washington
26. “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” — Minot J. Savage
27. “America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels.” — Claudia Pemberton
28. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams
29. “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.” — General Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
30. “This will remain the land of the free so long as it is the home of the brave.” — Elmer Davis
31. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton
32. “Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” — Benjamin Franklin
33. “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” — G.K. Chesterton
34. “Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
35. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” — James Allen
36. “I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: ‘I served in the United States Navy.’” — President John F. Kennedy
37. “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” — Alexander Hamilton
38. “We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” ― Winston Churchill
39. “From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.” — President Thomas Jefferson
40. “Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.” — President Dwight D. Eisenhower
41. “On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind.” — Dan Lipinski
42. “A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons.” — Admiral David D. Porter
43. “History has taught us over and over again that freedom is not free. When push comes to shove, the ultimate protectors of freedom and liberty are the brave men and women in our armed forces. Throughout our history, they’ve answered the call in bravery and sacrifice.” — Tim Pawlenty
44. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” — Joseph Campbell
45. “To be prepared against surprise is to be trained. To be prepared for surprise is to be educated.” — James Carse
46. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” — Maya Angelou
47. “Their contribution to our freedom and safety is measureless. Our national security depends on the maintenance of alert military forces as a deterrent to any possible aggressor.” — President Lyndon B. Johnson
48. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.” — General Colin Powell
49. “The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” — General George S. Patton
50. “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.” — Thucydides
51. “True courage is being afraid and going ahead and doing your job.” — General Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
52. “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” — Nathan Hale
53. “A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace.” — President Theodore Roosevelt
54. “It is not enough to fight. It is the spirit which we bring to the fight that decides the issue. It is morale that wins the victory.” — General George C. Marshall
55. “The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree.” — Thomas Campbell
56. “Success in battle is not a function of how many show up, but who they are.” — General Robert H. Barrow
57. “Those who do not appreciate the soldiers and instead pompously talk about peace, should try to live a single day without the soldiers.” — Abhijit Naskar
58. “Heroes may not live long in years, but they live forever in the stories.” — Amit Kalantri
59. “On Armed Forces Day, we salute the bravery of those who defend our Nation’s peace and security. Their service defends for Americans the freedom that all people deserve.” — President Donald Trump
60. “Freedom does not come without a price. We may sometimes take for granted the many liberties we enjoy in America, but they have all been earned through the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many of the members of our armed forces.” — Charlie Dent
61. “Our armed forces will fight for peace in Iraq, a peace built on more secure foundations than are found today in the Middle East. Even more important, they will fight for two human conditions of even greater value than peace: liberty and justice.” — John McCain
Happy Armed Forces Day Wishes to Share
62. Happy Armed Forces Day to those who have left behind their families to save the world like a superhero.
63. With all our hearts, we thank our armed forces for fulfilling their duties and responsibilities and protecting us all.
64. Today we honor all active duty service members. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
65. Thank you for bravely serving and protecting our country.
66. We are so fortunate to have our Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard keeping us safe. Happy Armed Forces Day.
68. Thank you to all who have served our country. Happy Armed Forces Day.
69. We are so blessed to have our strong and brave men and women defending our freedom. We honor them all today, on Armed Forces Day.
70. Thank you for your courage and dedication to protecting the integrity of our country.
71. Wishing a Happy Armed Forces Day to our men and women in uniform. There aren’t enough words to express our thanks for keeping us safe.
72. Wishing a very Happy Armed Forces Day to our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guard. We thank you for being there for us each and every day.
73. Today, we honor the service and sacrifice of our Armed Forces. Thank you for all that you do.
74. For the battles they have fought for us, for the glory they have brought to the nation. Let us salute our armed forces on Armed Forces Day.
75. On Armed Forces Day, we thank the brave military service members who are always guarding us.
76. A huge thank you to all of the brave souls who continue to lace up their boots, put on their uniforms, and live a life of service to the United States of America.
77. They put their love for our nation above all else. Happy Armed Forces Day to our dedicated military members.
78. Thank you for all that you do for our country. Happy Armed Forces Day.
79. Let us not only honor the soldier who sacrifices his life for the country but also his family who honors this sacrifice with pride. Happy Armed Forces Day to all those currently serving our great nation.
80. Happy Armed Forces Day to everyone serving in America’s military branches. Thank you for putting your lives on the line to make our country a safer place.
Military Appreciation Month Wishes For a Military Brother
I’ve always known that you’d do great in life. But seeing you in the military uniform is even beyond my expectations. So proud of you!
Dear brother, your courage inspires me. Your sacrifices make me want to be a better person. I’ve learned so much from you!
People say that family comes first. But now the entire nation is your family. Thanks for taking care of this big family of yours!
You have defeated each of your fears on your way to joining the military. I’m lucky that my brother is such a patriot.
For everything you’ve done for the nation and for everything you’re doing, I’m proud to call you my brother.
Military Appreciation Quotes For a Military Friend
We all chose different things in life- family, love, career; but you chose the country. I couldn’t be any prouder of you!
This country is lucky to have a son like you and I’m lucky to be born in the same land as yours.
I know how you’ve spent sleepless nights, so the people of your country can sleep in peace. You deserve every bit of respect, mate.
Happy military appreciation month to the real-life hero I know. Your strength is my greatest inspiration.
You work day and night to preserve our freedom, and that alone makes you worthy of every bit of appreciation.
I often get scared to see you taking all these risks. But in the end, your courage makes me burst with pride.
You didn’t just join the military, you have chosen the country over each of your wants. I’m so proud of you.
Happy Military Appreciation Month to my friend, who has won every battle of life. You’ll surely do great in the military.
You lead the nation and also take care of it. You are what a true leader should be.
Joining the military has proved your capability, and your service has been proving your heroism. I am so inspired by you!
I respect you as a friend, but I respect you even more as a service person! Keep making me prouder, buddy.