National Brownie Day 2022
National Brownie Day is a day that celebrates the brownie. Brownies are a type of cake with chocolate and usually, some other flavorings are added to it, such as butterscotch.
National brownie day is celebrated on December 8th in America, so this year it will be on Friday, December 8th, 2020. A lot of people have been asking “How can I celebrate National Brownie Day?” In this blog post, we will cover everything you need to know about celebrating national brownie day!
About National Brownie Day
Today is the day that starts the Christmas season! December 25th, or as it’s called in some countries; “Christmas”. A lot of people are asking themselves how to celebrate national Christmas day? In this blog post, we will cover everything you need to know about celebrating today!
National Brownie Day-Date is December 8th
The earliest recipes for brownies we are familiar with today date back to the turn of the last century. Recipes found in regional cookbooks and newspapers around this time featured a chewy, fudgy texture that is now characteristic of what people think about when they hear “brownie.”
A 1906 edition from Fannie Merritt Farmer’s Familiar Cookery contains these words: “Melt into thin cake-like slices 1/2 cup butter; then add 4 tablespoons sugar mixed smoothly together–sift lightly 5 beaten eggs warmed until flexible enough not quite cold but cool enough so it will beat up again quickly without setting hard at 95 degrees temperature”
The recipe goes on top referrers who want more elaborate dishes such as puddings or pies, to consult Mrs. Rorer’s Philadelphia Cook Book or Miss Parloa’s New Cook Book.
In this recipe, it is clear that there were no nuts added in the brownies and they had a very liquid consistency-much different from what we think about when we hear brownies today!
History Of National Brownie Day
Legend has it that the creation of brownies hales from Chicago’s Palmer House Hotel in 1893. Bertha Palmer, wife to an important man who owed them money but still came by for high-class cuisine every day (her husband) was tired one evening and wanted something sweet;
So asked their pastry chef if there were any cakes small enough you could fit into lunch boxes with fruit preserves on top? The cook threw together some crumbly batter made outa of nuts mixed up in apricots glazed just like regular cake frosting would be…you know – only sweeter!
And that’s how Brownies were born! And National brownie day was created on December 08, 2021.
How To Celebrate National Brownie Day?
– Serve brownies at a dinner party, complete with other desserts and appetizers. It will be enough for everyone!
– Make some homemade brownies from scratch or buy pre-made ones from the store. You can bake them yourself or buy an oven if you don’t have one already.
– Bake some brownies and invite friends over to celebrate with you! You can make it a competition or just eat all the brownies together. It’s up to you how creative you want to get!
– If none of these ideas work for your lifestyle, other ways will surely suit everyone 🙂
Other Ways To Celebrate National Brownie Day
– You could make brownies at work or give them to your friends. It’s a simple way to celebrate national brownie day without having to do too much!
– Buy some pre-made ones from the store, decorating it with festive ribbon and balloons is always nice 🙂
– Share this blog post on social media to spread awareness of brownies! You could also repost some cool GIFs or memes.
– On National Brownie Day you can celebrate by doing all of these things and much more, it’s up to you how creative you want to get when celebrating national brownie day!
National Brownie Day Syndrome
– There is a rare syndrome that some people have called “National Brownie Day Syndrome”. It’s similar to having food allergies, but it only affects the individual on national brownie day. Symptoms of National Brownie Day Syndrome are as follows:
– Feeling sick after eating something with chocolate in it (even if they do not normally feel sick when eating chocolate)
– Feeling nauseated after smelling something with a hint of brownie in it (even if the person doesn’t normally feel sick when around that smell)
– Having an increased heart rate, headache, or other symptoms related to stress. This is because people are so excited about national brownie day they get stressed! It’s all fun and games, though 🙂
– If you think you or someone you know might have National Brownie Day Syndrome consult your doctor to get the proper diagnosis. It’s important to remember that this disorder is very rare so there are only a few doctors in the world who can diagnose it! The good news is that it’s completely reversible after national brownie day passes. As long as the individual does not eat brownies for a few days they will be fine!
– If you do know someone who thinks they have National Brownie Day Syndrome, it’s important to remember that this disorder is completely harmless and temporary. The best thing you can do is reassure them that everything will be better soon 🙂
– National brownie day is December 08, 2021
– Only people with national brownie day syndrome should avoid eating brownies on this particular day. It’s completely harmless and will go away after the holiday!
– Celebrate national brownie day by having a party or just making some for yourself 🙂 You can decorate them if you want to get creative or just eat them right up!
– On National Brownie Day you can celebrate by doing all of these things and much more, it’s up to you how creative you want to get when celebrating national brownie day.