Workers’ Memorial Day
Workers’ Memorial Day is a day to honor the humanity and unity that workers bring into our world. The annual event occurs on April 28th, which this year will be held around the globe since it has been recognized as an international Workers’ Day from countries all over including India where they celebrate with Processions through city streets bearing candles spelling ‘Work’. Memorial Day Messages.
Read More: Happy Memorial Day Weekend Wishes
Why Workers’ Memorial Day?
We live in a society that has been spinning slowly around the sun for centuries. We go about our day without stopping to think about all those who built up this world, or how they made it so unsafe and unhygienic at times just like you and I cannot stand when there’s too much going on around us any more than necessary!
They were the working class, they put up with all of this abuse and still managed to provide for their families. They deserve more credit than just being props in someone else’s story!
Read More: When Is Memorial Day
The poor people who work at these service jobs must feel like heroes every day when they go to work especially considering some places can be quite dangerous on top if not unsafe altogether but these brave souls don’t mind because it helps take care of others by giving them what’s need beforehand so that everything runs smoothly later down the line which includes providing food stamps or other government assistance programs as well through taxes collected from richer citizens.
The era of globalization has led to a merger between labor unions in many countries. The International Labor organization was established with one goal, which is a representation for workers all over the world so they can have safe and sanitary working conditions as well higher wages than what’s currently offered by their employers.”
Workers’ Memorial Day is a day to honor the workers who have lost their lives due to working conditions. In 1970, an effort was made for this event to show how much these people sacrificed so that others can live better lives today with safer workplaces and higher wages! The same year OSHA came into effect which created one organization focusing on safety protocols but also ensured they were followed through proper channels by having government oversight- you could say it has been quite successful thus far because not only are there now more than 40 million Americans employed legally but even those without jobs still benefit from health care coverage as longs we’re living in the United States of America.
Read More: 30 Memorial Day Trivia Questions and Answers
The National Confederation of Free Trade Unions has been honoring Workers’ Memorial Day since 1996. And in 2001, an international labor organization recognized this day as well by designating April 28th to be known globally simply through its name – ‘Workers’ Memorial’. This annual event celebrates all workers Past present & future whose lives have been cut short while at work.
Workers’ Memorial Day was established to honor the memory of all work-related deaths in America. In 2012, 4628 workers died due to injury or illness on their job and we must continue this tradition so they don’t lose another one!
Work-related deaths increased in 2018, but this is only because it’s being recorded on surveillance. There are an estimated 53,445 yearly financial crises and 52 direct workplace-related medical costs which means we’ve still got a long way to go if want ever gets out from under these surreally great issues!
Workers’ Memorial Day is an annual day of observance celebrated on May 18th, which was created to remember all workers who have lost their lives in the coursework they did. This includes both current and former employees from across industries- including but not limited to construction, manufacturing facilities as well any other type of workplace environments where human life can be lost due to negligence or Machines might kill them!
It also helps us keep track so we know what needs to be done differently next time something happens again because let’s face it accidents happen sometimes when you’re busy trying hard just like me.
How Can We Observe Workers’ Memorial Day:
- Appreciation: Life would be so much easier if we all appreciated the people who make our day-to-day lives possible. They struggle against daunting odds, but they do it because YOU matter to them! Show some gratitude and give your fruit guy or farmers market shopper an appreciation hug today–maybe even buy something from their stand at the city park tomorrow?
- Education: With a better understanding of the history and why people did what they did, you will be able to explain it more easily.
- Awareness: International Workers Memorial Day is a day to remember the struggle of workers all over the world. This year, spend it with your friends and family by doing something you love like going on vacation or spending time at home!
Interesting Facts on Workers’ Memorial Day:
The Workers’ Memorial Day is a day to remember all of the workers who have died in America. They were originally called Decoration Day and soldiers would celebrate by decorating graves for them, but now we know that this practice was not just because it was Christmas time – there’s more history behind these decorations than most people realize!
History of Workers’ Memorial Day:
1989 saw the first celebration of Labor Day. This day is important because it celebrates all workers, not just those in one specific profession or industry but rather anyone whose job has any kind whatsoever to do with strength and durability – whether they be construction employees building new buildings every day; farmhands working on someone else’s land producing food for us every day; nurses taking care patients round-the-clock at hospitals throughout our city… Each person deserves respect no matter what his/her task may entail!
50 Memorial Day Quotes
1. “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay.”- Barack Obama
2. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
3. “Heroism is not only in the man but in the occasion.”- Calvin Coolidge
4. “Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.”- Theodore Roosevelt
5. “Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
6. “No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.”- General Douglas MacArthur
7. “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”- Joseph Campbell
9. “Never was so much owed by so many few.”- Winston Churchill
10. “The patriot’s blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.” -Thomas Campbell
11. “Home of the free, because of the brave.” – Unknown
Read More: Memorial Day Quotes Sayings for Loved Ones
12. “To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.”- Unknown
13. “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.”- Norman Schwarzkopf
14.” The brave die never, though they sleep in the dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men.”- Minot J. Savage
15. “May we never forget freedom isn’t free.”- Unknown
16. “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.”- James Allen
17. “Veterans are a symbol of what makes our nation great, and we must never forget all they have done to ensure our freedom.”- Rodney Frelinghuysen
18. “Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.”- Unknown
19. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived.”- George S. Patton
20. “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.”- Benjamin Disraeli
Related: Memorial Day Message to Staff
21. “For the love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue.”- James A. Garfield
22. “Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.”- Wallace Bruce
23. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”- Elmer Davis
24. “Ceremonies are important. But our gratitude has to be more than visits to the troops, and once-a-year Memorial Day ceremonies. We honor the dead best by treating the living well.”- Jennifer M. Granholm
25. “Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.”- Mary Roach
26. “Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.”- Sun Tzu
27. “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.”- G.K. Chesterson
See Also: Memorial Day Messages for Daughter
28. “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”- Adlai Stevenson II
29. “And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier’s tomb, and beauty weeps the brave.”- Joseph Rodman Drake
30. “America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels.”- Claudia Pemberton
31. “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.”- Helen Keller
32. “Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no future.”- Elie Wiesel
33. “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” – Adlai Stevenson
34. “Patriotism is when the love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”- Charles de Gaulle
35. “I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.”- John Thune
36. “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.”- Jeff Miller
37. “I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.”- Bob Riley
38. “There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.”- Nick Lampson
39. “Overall our happy country – over all our Nation spread, is a band of noble heroes– is our Army of the Dead.”- Will Carleton
40. “My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”- John F. Kennedy
41. “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”- Martin Luther King Jr
42. “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.”- Nathan Hale
43. “There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America.”- William J. Clinton
44. “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”- Mark Twain
45. “What I can do for my country, I am willing to do.”- Christopher Gadsen
46. “A man is a patriot if his heart beats true to his country.” – Charles E. Jefferson
47. “Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives.”- John Adams
48. “If you want to thank a soldier, be the kind of American worth fighting for.” – Unknown
49. “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We did not pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”- Ronald Reagan
50. “Let their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.” – Daniel Webster
55 Memorial Day Messages
1. Let us remember all our heroes who have left us while fighting for our country.
2. Thank you to the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
3. This Memorial Day, we remember those heroes who courageously gave their lives.
4. In honor of those who fought for our freedom until their dying breath, we remember and thank them on this Memorial Day.
5. Fallen, but not forgotten.
6. Join us today to count our blessings and stand proud.
7. This Memorial Day, our deepest gratitude goes to the fallen men and women who gave the citizens of the United States a chance to make this world a better place.
8. Let us gather together in celebration and remembrance of our heroes who have fallen.
9. Let’s take a moment of silence to remember and honor the sacrifices of the thousands of men and women who gave up their lives for our country.
10. Join us this Memorial Day as we remember and honor our heroes.
11. We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.
12. We are forever grateful for the ultimate sacrifice of those who died for our country. May their courage and dedication never be forgotten.
13. Let’s remember our fallen service members with pride this Memorial Day.
14. The brave hearts never die… they sleep in the embrace of their soil.
See More: Best Memorial Day Quotes Sayings
15. Thank you to all those who have guarded my freedom and peace.
16. Our flag doesn’t fly because the wind moves it, but because of the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it.
17. Take a moment this Memorial Day weekend to honor those who served our nation and are no longer with us.
18. If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.
19. Join us in praise of the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of the United States of America.
20. Each Memorial Day, we honor those who died for the United States. May their sacrifice be a constant reminder of things that matter.
21. To the brave men and women we have lost: You are forever in our hearts and minds. Your service and sacrifice will never be forgotten.
22. May this Memorial Day bring you good memories of your son. We are forever grateful for his service to our country and his great courage.
23. This Memorial Day and every day, we appreciate all the great deeds and sacrifices done to grant us a chance to enjoy freedom.
24. On Memorial Day, we remember those fallen heroes who left a mark on our history.
25. Land of the free, because of the brave.
Read Also: Happy Memorial Day Message to Husband
26. In honor of Memorial Day, let us take inspiration from the brave soldiers who gave up their lives and become good citizens of our nation.
27. Today is a day to honor every patriot who shed his or her blood for the freedom of our country. Let’s bow our heads with respect in remembrance of all those men and women.
28. Never forget the price we’ve paid for our independence.
29. Today is the day to thank all those who died for our freedom—we will never forget their sacrifices.
30. This Memorial Day, we thank the fallen heroes of America who gave their lives to serve the nation.
31. Real heroes never die. They always live in our hearts to inspire us, motivate us, and guide us in our lives.
32. Join us this Memorial Day as we remember and honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
33. Remember our fallen heroes on Memorial Day. They are the reason that we are free.
34. We should strive to live by the liberties and principles for which our bravest soldiers fell.
You Also Like: Happy Memorial Day Messages to Coworkers
35. We salute our fallen and give thanks for our freedom on this Memorial Day.
36. We appreciate all the great deeds and sacrifices of our fallen heroes that grant us a chance to enjoy freedom.
37. The blood and sweat of our patriots sowed the seeds of the blessings of freedom and prosperity we enjoy today. May those brave heroes never be forgotten, on Memorial Day and every day.
38. On Memorial Day, we thank all the servicemen and women who are no longer with us for protecting our country by giving away their lives.
39. Let Memorial Day be a day to count our blessings and remember those who serve to protect our country and our freedom.
40. They never came back, their silence lives on. We remember the fallen this Memorial Day.
41. As you enjoy this weekend, the unofficial start of summer, remember what Memorial Day is really about: Those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
42. We owe so much to those fallen heroes that we can never repay. Remember them with honor this Memorial Day.
43. May each one of us take inspiration this Memorial Day from the patriotism of the brave soldiers who died for our country.
44. To the loved ones we have lost: You are forever in our hearts and minds. Your service and sacrifice to our country will never be forgotten.
45. Take a moment this weekend to honor those who served our nation and are no longer with us.
46. Remember all our uniformed heroes this Memorial Day who made the last sacrifices to defend our country.
Read More: Memorial Day Message to Clients
47. Our deepest gratitude goes to our beloved sons and daughters who gave us a chance to make this world a better place.
48. On Memorial Day, we keep alive the memory of those who died for our country.
49. Their peace lives in our hearts. Honor America’s heroes by repaying them for what they did with your respect this Memorial Day.
50. Nothing is more patriotic than laying down your life for the sake of your country. On Memorial Day, we remember those brave souls.
51. America stands strong thanks to the sacrifice of many. Today, we honor all who served and gave their lives to protect our freedoms.
52. No words can compensate for the loss of the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives. We respect them, honor them, and forever remember them.
53. Memorial Day will always be an important day in the history of America—the day to remember with glory all of those who fought for our nation and sacrificed their lives.
54. May the memories of your daughters and sons give us the strength and motivation to continue working to make our country a better place.
55. We all owe a debt to those brave heroes who fought for our country and gave their all. We can never repay them for their bravery and dedication.
Memorial Day Messages
Wish you a Memorial Day full of remembrance, respect, and patriotism. Keep our soldiers in your heart.
This day reminds us that our freedom isn’t granted, it is the reward we’ve got in exchange for our soldiers’ blood. May our heroes rest in peace.
Let us honor our national heroes by celebrating this day deservingly. Have a special holiday!
Forever grateful to the men and women who have paid the ultimate price to save this country. They will always live in our hearts.
This Memorial Day, do not only mourn for the martyrs but also be proud of them! Have a pleasant holiday.
The strength and courage that the fallen soldiers have shown will always be our source of inspiration. Enjoy the holiday.
Paying the utmost respect and gratitude to the martyrs. May this Memorial Day be a day to remember.
This is a day of pride and inspiration. So let us come together to rightfully celebrate it.
May this Memorial Day be the inspiration for us to unite and work for the prosperity of our country. Have a memorable holiday!
Enjoy this Memorial Day with your friends and family, and do remember to count the blessings gifted to us by the martyrs.
Memorial Day Remembrance Messages
May we come together to mourn the lives of our soldiers, and may we learn to love our country as they did.
There is no greater pride than dying for your country, and our heroes have achieved that honor. Let us stand proud in remembrance of them.
Today, we remember the fallen soldiers with a heart full of respect. May all their souls be blessed.
To those who have shed their blood to keep our freedom intact, we love you and we remember you.
Thanking the brave soldiers for the sacrifices they have made. They are the true heroes of our country.
Memorial Day Message To Employees
If our soldiers could sacrifice their lives for this country, we sure can do our best to make this country great. Wishing you an eventful Memorial Day.
Let this Memorial Day unite us as a nation and make us worthy citizens. Have a great holiday!
Today, we commend the bravery and selflessness of our national heroes. May they sleep peacefully.
May we remember the fallen soldiers, not only on Memorial Day but also through every step of our lives.
This Memorial Day, may your heart be full of pride, and may your day be full of memories.
Memorial Day Message To a Friend
Sending warm wishes to you on this Memorial Day. Let us honor and salute the heroes who have gifted us our freedom.
I wonder how courageous one has to be to sacrifice their life for the country! Let us be proud of our soldiers.
No Memorial Day is complete without sharing its spirit with the close ones, so I’m remembering you on this holiday.
May we work to keep our flag high as the fallen soldiers did. Have a glorious Memorial Day.
Wishing you a lovely holiday, my friend. May the martyrs always be in our hearts.